DIY Decor for Trendy Transformations
These trendy transformations will change the look of any living space.
Thrifting items and getting crafty! These easy DIY decor tutorials will help transform any room into something personalized and trendy.
Thrifting is Trendy
Cheap home decor at thrift stores is overlooked. Thrift everyday household items and follow these easy to do steps to make trendy transformations.
Thrifting vintage or unique glassware to paint is one thing, but adding baking soda to the paint will change the look. By adding baking soda, the paint begins to thicken that allows for the chalky texture when applied to the glass. While finding pottery that matches your color theme is tricky, this is an easy way to be create your own decor pieces that goes perfectly with your home design.
- Thrift old, vintage vases that will fit your decor theme
- Buy the acrylic paint that you want to use
- Add a 1:1 ratio of baking soda and acrylic paint
- Let completely dry until you add another paint coat
- Paint three coats for full coverage
- Dry over night
- Add flowers or other decorations and put out for decoration
There are simple ways to take an ordinary mirror and transform it into something extraordinary. Here is an easy way and steps to transform your everyday mirror. The half-moon covers part of your mirror to make something trendy for your room. This easy transformation will take a plain mirror into a new fashionable piece that will become a statement of any room.
- Get all materials: circle mirror, white sand, and white/cream paint
- Clean mirror and let completely dry
- Paint white/cream base layer for moon outline
- Use mod podge and white sand to begin to build moon layers
- After a couple layers, create creators, dips, and valleys to resemble moon’s surface
- Let dry overnight and hang in desired location
Old teacups and china pieces are making a comeback. Thrift stores have boxes full of old china pieces, it’s just a matter of finding a design that will fit your home. Once you found your perfect design, it is time to start a succulent garden. At home gardens are popping up throughout people’s homes as they want to bring something natural into their homes. By adding succulents to thrifted teacups, it creates an enchanted feel to an in home garden.
- Thrift old teacups or other vintage china pieces
- Shop for succulents and cacti to fill the china pieces
- Buy succulent/cacti soil – helps with drainage and water control
- Plant succulents and cacti in china pieces
- Water and place in sun
- Put on a window ledge or shelves with natural light apparent.